- Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- App means the Loyalty App mobile device application.
- Australian Privacy Principles means the Australian Privacy Principles contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 which amended the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- e-Gift Cards means the face value voucher, where the stated face value is equal to the specified number of Reward Points, which can be earned, claimed or redeemed through the Loyalty App Platform by Users who acquire goods and/or services from you, or which can be applied in payment (in whole or in part) for goods and/or services from you, shared between Users and purchased from us.
- Loyalty App Platform means the platform managed by us that you may access through the App and the Website and under which you may earn, purchase, transfer and redeem e-Gift Cards in transactions with us, Merchants or other Users.
- Merchant means an owner or operator of a business that has agreed with us to offer Rewards to you for goods and/or services through transactions in-store or online using the Loyalty App Platform.
- Personal Information has the meaning given in section 6 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Reward Points means the virtual currency or credit which can be earned, claimed or redeemed through the Loyalty App Platform by you when goods and/or services are acquired from Merchants, or which can be applied in payment (in whole or in part) for goods and/or services from Merchants, shared between Users and purchased from us.
- Rewards means awards, offers, promotions, product incentives, reward programs and other similar offers in the form of e-Gift Cards.
- User means you, a person who has established an account with us for the use of the App and the Loyalty App Platform.
- User Content means all content that is generated, posted or shared by you on the Loyalty App Platform including, but not limited to, reviews, opinions, advice, ratings, discussions, comments, messages, survey responses and other communications, as well as files, images, photographs, videos, sound recording, musical works and any other content or material.
- Website means www.loyaltyapp.com.au.
- We, our or us means Loyalty App Pty Ltd (ACN 601 570 567).
- You or your means you.
- Our privacy objective
- We understand that you are concerned with the use, management and disclosure of your Personal Information. We are committed to collecting and using your Personal Information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- What kind of Personal Information do we collect and how do we collect it?
- You may visit and browse the Website anonymously without providing us with any Personal Information. To use the Loyalty App Platform, however, you will need to provide us with Personal Information.
- The Personal Information we collect will depend on your use of the Loyalty App Platform. We may collect, store and use Personal Information:
- provided to us by you when you register to use the Loyalty App Platform. When registering for the Loyalty App Platform you may be asked to enter Personal Information, such as your name and email address. You will be required to provide further Personal Information if you wish to make purchases from a Merchant or enter into transactions with us other than by using e-Gift Cards that you have either accrued on previous cash purchases, had transferred to you from another User or earned by you when a User you have referred to a Merchant purchases goods or services for the first time and through the Loyalty App Platform at the time of purchase, nominates you as his or her “referring User”; and
- sent to us by your mobile device or computer when you use the Loyalty App Platform, including your transactions with Merchants and other Users and any User Content. We may collect this Personal Information from you, or from Merchants or other third parties who provide services in relation to the Loyalty App Platform.
- Personal Information includes:
- your name and date of birth;
- your contact details, including your email address, telephone number, mobile telephone number and physical contact information;
- payment and transaction details and history, including the accrual of e-Gift Cards;
- details and history of your preferences, interests and behaviour relating to transactions with us, Merchants and other Users;
- information, comments, questions or other enquiries you provide to us via the Loyalty App Platform;
- User Content;
- additional Personal Information we ask you to submit in order for us to contact your or answer your queries; and
- any other information relating to your interaction with the Loyalty App Platform.
- We may also collect cookies from your mobile device or computer to monitor your usage of the Loyalty App Platform, enable us to recognise you as a browser of the Website, customise services and content, and promote trust and safety across the Loyalty App Platform and any services we provide through the Loyalty App Platform. 3.5 You may, at any time, choose to decline cookies by modifying your browser settings. If you do so, the standard of service we are able to provide you may be affected.
- Our privacy objective
3. What do we do with your Personal Information and why do we collect it?
- We collect your Personal Information to understand your needs and to provide you with the best service experience possible on the Loyalty App Platform. Without the Personal Information the standard of service we are able to provide to you may be affected.
- We may use your Personal Information to:
- manage your account with us and your use of the Loyalty App Platform;
- contact you via the contact details you have provided or we have collected;
- periodically send you promotional emails;
- respond to your comments, questions or other enquiries and provide you with other services requested by you;
- refer you to associated websites, Merchants or other third parties;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- troubleshoot problems and customise, measure and improve our services and the content, layout and operation of the Loyalty App Platform; and
- From time to time we may also use your Personal Information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, telephone or via the contact details you have provided. We may use the information collected to customise the Loyalty App Platform according to your interests.
- You may elect to restrict the use of your Personal Information by notifying us via our contact details that you do not consent to the use of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- We may also use your Personal Information to protect our lawful interests and to facilitate transactions that occur through the Loyalty App Platform.
4. Who will we disclose your Personal Information to?
- you consent to the use or disclosure of the Personal Information;
- the use or disclosure of the Personal Information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order;
- a permitted general situation (as defined in the Act) exists in relation to the use or disclosure of the Personal Information by us;
- a permitted health situation (as defined in the Act) exists in relation to the use or disclosure of the Personal Information by us;
- we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure of the Personal Information is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body; or
- there is a purpose allowed by the Australian Privacy Principles.
- We may display your Personal Information and User Content on the Loyalty App Platform. Please refer to the Terms & Conditions of Use – Users on our Website for further information in relation to User Content.
- We may disclose Personal Information to our service providers who assist us in operating the Loyalty App Platform (for example payment gateway providers and website hosting companies) and to our related corporate entities. We may also exchange your Personal Information with Merchants or our service providers to provide you with a more tailored and consistent experience. Personal Information may be shared with service providers, related corporate entities and Merchants that are outside Australia.
- Our service providers and Merchants may collect Personal Information about you when you use the Loyalty App Platform. These service providers and Merchants will have separate privacy policies and cookie policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those service providers or Merchants and recommend that you review their privacy policies and cookie policies.
- If we are involved in a merger or acquisition, your Personal Information may form part of the transferred assets.
5. How do we store your Personal Information?
- We may store your Personal Information electronically in our IT systems and databases and in hard copy files.
- We take reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information and follow the industry best practices to ensure your Personal Information is not lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. We do this by encrypting or masking your Personal Information. We do not store certain Personal Information that you provide to us, such as your credit or debit card information and bank account details. This Personal Information is captured by and stored in the database of our third party payment gateway provider. We only store the expiry date of your credit card and the last four digits of the credit card. We cannot guarantee, however, that your Personal Information will not be lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
6. Access to information and your rights
- You may request access to, or correction of, the Personal Information we hold about you by contacting us via our contact details set out below.
- In accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles we may deny access or refuse to correct Personal Information we hold about you. In those circumstances we will provide you with reasons for that denial or refusal and will advise you of how you may make a complaint about that denial or refusal.
- Any complaint or concern about the Personal Information we hold about you, or a complaint or concern about a breach or suspected breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, should be directed to us in writing via our contact details. If we receive a complaint about the Personal Information we hold about you, we will respond to your complaint within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
7. Contact us
Address: Level 1, 180 Newcastle Street, Perth WA 6000
Office hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm